Most of us are aware of typical slang that is gay “kiki” or “trade, ” but did you ever hear of a “Lucky Pierre” a “Ring Snatcher? ” When you haven’t, you are one — and also you don’t even comprehend.
Put together from dictionaries and glossaries featuring centuries of queer slang from about the world, listed here are 50 unusual or phrases that are out-of-use you need to agree to memory. “Over the connection to Pimpleton” we go.
1. Angel food (n. ) – homosexual pilot that is male serving floating around Force.
2. Basket shopping (v. ) – when cruising or someone that is checking, British term refers to examining the thing of one’s affection’s personal areas through their clothes.
3. Beat (adj. ) – exceptionally wonderful or great, “fabulous. ” Example: “Did you see her during the club today? That look was beat. ”
4. Bulldagger (n. ) – a masculine girl, closely pertaining to “butch lesbian. ” Also see: “Diesel lesbian, ” term referring to women that are queer seem like vehicle motorists.
5. Chapstick lesbian (n. ) – queer identified woman that is sporty and athletic. The term denotes that she’s the not the sort to put on makeup products (ala a “lipstick lesbian”) and applies to an even more look that is natural.
6. Chicken (n. ) – a young homosexual male searching for older males; see additionally: Chicken hawk, talking about an adult homosexual male trying to find more youthful partners.
7. Cottaging (v. ) – British slang for starting up in public places restrooms.
8. Donald Duck (letter. ) – a homosexual male that is dishonorably released through the Navy due to their sexuality; see additionally: “Dishonorable Discharge, ” or masturbating solamente after attempting to choose somebody up and failing.
9. Doris Day (letter. ) – 90s South slang that is african Gay Pride. Example: “The gays will march on Doris Day. ”
10. Eyeball queen (n. ) – individual who derives pleasure from viewing others participate in sex.
11. Fanny bellhop (n. ) – gay male utilized by the hospitality industry, such as for instance a concierge or even a bellhop at a resort.
12. Fish and chips (n. ) – pejorative 90s British slang for the resource partner and kiddies of a married lover that is“heterosexual.
13. Full household (n. ) – term utilized to denote having one or more intimately Transmitted disease at the same time.
14. Woman scout (n. ) – military man on leave, presently searching for intercourse.
15. Grimm’s fairy (letter. ) – usually utilized to explain an aging male that is gay similar to “auntie”
16. Hetty (n. ) – reduced form of the expressed word“heterosexual, ” similar to “hetero” or “het. ”
17. Horatian (n. ) – from the late nineteenth century, term utilized at Oxford amongst Lord Byron along with his compatriots to a bisexual individual; see additionally: “Gillette blade, ” discussing a bisexual feminine.
18. Hoyden (n. ) – slang from Britain within the sixteenth century to relate to an untameable, crazy girl or a tomboy.
19. Frozen dessert (n. ) – some body so sweet that the desire is had by you to lick them.
20. In sisters (n. ) – two effeminate homosexual males that have a romantic but non-sexual relationship, often best friends.
22. Iron closet (letter. ) – person in deep denial about their very own sexuality, one whom might never ever come out.
24. Lacy (adj. ) – utilized to a really effeminate homosexual male.
25. Lounge lizard (n. ) – someone who frequents pubs, wanting to grab other individuals’ mates.
26. Fortunate Pierre (letter. ) – the middleman within an Eiffel Tower.
27. Skip Congeniality (letter. ) – exceedingly negative term talking about an unlikable or “bitchy” homosexual male.
28. Mom Superior (letter. ) – older and wiser male that is gay ‘s been around the block once or twice; comparable to “auntie, ” but more favorable.
29. Nine-dollar bill (n. ) – exceedingly outward homosexual, one three-times more flaming than an individual who is “queerer compared to a three-dollar bill. ”
30. In the make (adj. ) – single person entitled to dating or casual intercourse. See also: “In circulation. ”
31. Orphan (n. ) – anyone who has already been split up with.
32. Within the connection to Pimpleton (letter. ) – cumbersome term for homosexual intercourse.
33. Passion fruit (n. ) – old Hollywood term discussing an incredibly straight-acting and usually masculine male.
34. Ring snatcher (n. ) – during intercourse, the person who works the role that is bottom. Additionally see: “Pratt. ”
35. Rumpy-Rumpy (n. ) – homosexual intercourse; see additionally: “Bumper to Bumper, ” referring to lesbian genital sex.
36. Sappho Daddy-o (letter. ) – gay male who enjoys the organization of lesbians, comparable to “Fruit Fly” for straight females.
37. Saturday Night Lesbian (letter. ) – term for lesbians whom promote themselves as heterosexual on the normal weekdays and may even be when you look at the cabinet to buddies and co-workers.
38. Pants (n. ) – no-longer-in-use term to a lesbian; see also: “Muffer” or Fish that is“Kissing.
39. Smurf (n. ) – another term for twink, frequently more pejorative, since it suggests a “bitchy” demeanor.
40. Tinkerbelle (n. ) – queer man who enjoys being urinated upon.
41. Ursula (n. ) – queer woman who hangs down with “bears; ” also called a “Goldilocks. ”
42. Vampire (n. ) – gay males whom head out looking hookups later through the night.
43. Vegan (n. ) – homosexual male who can maybe not provide dental.
44. Warm bruder (n. ) – German phrase accustomed identify a homosexual male; “warm” is German slang for “homosexual. ”
Note: you’ve definitely heard this one if you live in Germany. English and American German-speakers have actually a poor practice of saying “Ich bin warm” on hot times, being unsure of what they’re really saying.
45. Wendy (n. ) – a person that is caucasian.
46. Wolf (n. ) – gay male that is neither a twink nor a bear, but falls somewhere in amongst the two poles; much like a cub.
47. Wrinkle room (n. ) – pejorative term for a bar whose clientele mainly contains older gays.
48. Garden boy (n. ) – gay male who enjoys making love in public places, particularly in outside venues.
49. Yestergay (n. ) – former homosexual who now identifies as straight, generally known as “ex-gays. ”
50. Zanie (n. ) – archaic nineteenth century phrase talking about a homosexual that is male
51. Zipper club (n. ) – a sex celebration or orgy that takes place in an area that is public such as for instance a bathhouse or even a club.
Note: Autostraddle features a great selection of lady-centric queer phrases, a few of that have been included here. Check the rest out on the web web web site. Madison Moore has also a listing explaining best wishes homosexual slang that is black.
Get the very best of believe Catalog in your inbox.
Subscribe to the idea Catalog Weekly to get the most effective tales through the to your inbox every Friday week.
You might unsubscribe whenever you want. By subscribing, you consent to the terms of our Privacy declaration.
In regards to the writer
Find out about attention Catalog and our authors on our about page.